Home       About Me       Review Archive

Monday, August 12, 2013

Muggle Monday: The Last of the Newly Redesigned Harry Potter Covers (Plus Artwork for Back Covers and Box Set)!

It's time for Muggle Monday, in which I highlight a significant piece of news from the Harry Potter franchise. This is somewhat inspired by the Mundane Monday posts by The Mundie Moms.

But let's be real as to why I made up this feature: I just want the opportunity to post something about Harry Potter.


There have been a few more photos released for the new US Editions of the Harry Potter series - as illustrated by Kazu Kibuishi - since I last posted about them. And of course, I NEED to share even if you all have probably already seen them by now!:


New 15th Anniversary US Editions of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows:
I think I've run out of ways to say how much I adore these new covers illustrated by Kazu Kibuishi. But yeah, you get the drift - I FREAKING LOVE THEM! (Again, not that I think anything could replace the nostalgia I feel for my old covers). I honestly don't even have a favourite; does anyone? Let me know in the comments!


But that's not all - NOPE, that's not all! Scholastic also recently released the back cover art for all of the new covers, as well as the art for the new box set:

New Back Cover and Box Set Artwork from the 15th Anniversary US Editions:
(Side note: Lupin's moustache amuses me GREATLY)
(Side note: I find the Hogwarts as seen in the movies has completely taken over my image of what Hogwarts looks like in my head, and therefore looks nothing like the Hogwarts seen above, which looks sort of Asian inspired)
So I know I swore that I would not buy another edition of the books to have on my shelves, but I mean REALLY. How am I supposed to resist such pretteh-ness?? My practiced restraint is slipping FAST. QUOTES. Truly iconic ones from each of the books on the back covers. Perfection. And SO tempting. Darn you, Scholastic! As if I have the money and space to spare. Sigh...

27 comments :

  1. I was SO staunchly against the new artwork, as I'm a Harry Potter purist, but how can I resist these?! Seriously. The artwork is phenomenal, and any chance for more Harry on my shelf needs to be taken, of course. Thanks for sharing, Aylee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like these covers and yes! QUOTES. PERFECTION! Right you are, Aylee! I want to buy the books again, just for these amazing and pretty covers. Thank you for sharing!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the quotes that they picked for the backs of the covers! So awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh that box set is GORGEOUS! I really love these new cover designs even though the originals will always be fantastic. Those quotes are the best. *sigh* I need me some Harry Potter, stat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These artworks are amazing and the quotes are pure perfection. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want the box set!!! It looks SO BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uh OH, think you're in trouble. These covers are really remarkable fantastic. They just keep getting better don't they. I love them!!! My Harry Potter set is all Hardcover. They may be all first editions too. I bought them for my son as each one was released.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love everything about these new covers and I will definitely be buying a box set! Thanks for sharing!

    Katie @ Katie's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so pretty! I may need to pick up a set too.

    And the back cover of The Deathly Hollows?! AHH!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That illustration definitely looks like a Chinese fortress, odd. I LOVE that boxed set, though! Thanks for featuring everything, Aylee! This post is full of win.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I already have two editions on my shelves, but boy, THESE ARE STUNNING. Perhaps...

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the new artwork, but I still really love the originals. They're just so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy cow, these new covers are just. I HAVE NO WORDS. They are seriously going to make us ALL go broke! That Asian Hogwarts castle is a meh for me though. They're still so pretty though, thanks for sharing, Aylee!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The back covers! The box artwork!!! I don't even know what to say, it all looks so incredible. This boxed set is definitely going on my Christmas wishlist!

    Thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. HOLY CRAP I FEEL LIKE I'M GOING TO EXPLODE BECAUSE EVERYTHING LOOKS SO COOL. Okay, enough caps lock. The boxset is SO AMAZING. I want it so badly! The way the spines create Hogwarts--such an awesome idea! And all the quotes on the back. Gah, so many Dumbledore quotes. Dumbledore might just be my favorite character... Thanks so much for sharing, Aylee! These photos are... wow.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I wants, and I got two full sets already!! I do not need another one but it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PRETTY!!!!

    I feel this is a "Just take my money, already!" situation. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh man, the front cover releases were tempting enough but to be honest, I think I like the back-cover images and quotes selected there even MORE ♥♥♥ I kind of got misty-eyed reading some of those EPIC quotes there, not gonna lie. I am thrilled you shared all of these Aylee because I had yet to see them all in full size all together like this! Gah, these are FANTASTIC. Not only do I want this set (and ALL THE OTHER SETS really) but I'm craving a series re-read like crazy! I wish I had more time...and more money LOL

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow, I'm so obsessed with quotes so I love the back covers. I need this box set now. Sheesh. I'm going to have too many HP books!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love these covers so freaking much! I actually hadn't gotten around to seeing the back cover images but wow. Now I'm even more certain that I need them. One can never have enough Harry Potter editions, after all. (And this will only be my second set). :) What other editions do you own?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only the Canadian ones (same covers as the UK editions). It's hard the justify buying another set when one is perfectly sufficient. But it's so tempting!!

      Delete
  20. Seriously gorgeous.

    The back covers are my favorite.

    And that quote my Lupin about fear is my view on fear. My biggest fear is fear itself.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love them, I already know they're going to be a purchase of mine. I'm bargaining with myself as to how I can earn them and not feel guilty hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful! I don't know that I'm going to re-read this series any time soon (usually one of the few reasons I'll buy a book) and I still want to own these. They're just so lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. These make me fangirl all over again! And that box set! OMG

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey... I only have one set of Harry Potter books. Maybe it's time to expand? ;) LOVE THESE! I didn't know the backcovers had such lovely pictures, and I like that they added beautiful quotes, too. AND HOGWARTS. It still looks pretty homey to me, despite the Asian-feel!

    ReplyDelete
  25. As great as the front is, I'm in love with the back because of the fact that they added quotes. Lol, you should buy the set for your shelves here in T.O. and keep your other set in Edmonton.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I hadn't seen all this fully before, the back covers and look of the boxset, even all the covers, before, and whilst the covers themselves don't really strike me, the quotes and back covers are so glorious! I also love the look of that Hogwarts, like that it's different to any we've seen before, even if it doesn't match the one I visualise, either. It's all so neat!

    ReplyDelete